Monday, July 17, 2017

Booksie's Shelves, July 15, 2017


It's been a busy July.  We just got back from a trip to the beach.  Super hot but the beach is always beautiful.  DH and I are headed out this weekend to see the touring production of "The King And I" so I've very excited about that.  I read a lot at the beach and since I don't do summer, I've been staying inside and reading quite a bit.  In a overworked moment while loading the car to leave, I left my Kindle Fire behind at the beach but will retrieve it when my neighbors go there eventually.  It is a loss as I was in the middle of several books on it.  I also bought seven books at Audible this morning in their $4.95 sale.  Here's what's come through the door:

1.  Follow Me Down, Shelby Foote, nonfiction, sent by a friend
2.  Mister Monkey, Francine Prose, literary fiction, sent by a friend
3.  Shadow Man, Alan Drew, mystery, sent by a friend
4.  Athenian Blue, Pol Koutsakis, mystery, sent by publisher
5.  Anatomy Of A Scandal, Sarah Vaughan, mystery, won online
6.  All We Shall Know, Donal Ryan, literary fiction, sent by publisher
7.  The Hawkweed Prophecy, Irena Brignull, fantasy, sent by publisher
8.  In The Shadow Of The Gods, Rachel Dunne, fantasy, purchased
9.  A Hundred Thousand Worlds, Bob Proehl, literary fiction, sent by publisher

Here's what I'm reading:

1.  The Bear And The Nightengale, Katherine Arden, Kindle Fire
2.  Zodiac, Neal Stephenson, Kindle Fire
3.  Luckiest Girl Alive, Jessica Kroll, paperback
4.  My Sister's Grave, Robert Dugoni, audio
5.  The Golden House, Salman Rushdie, Kindle Fire
6.  The Lesser Bohemians, Eimear McBride, paperback
7.  The Last Empire, Gore Vidal, paperback
8.  Beautiful Ruins, Jess Walters, paperback
9.  Norse Mythology, Neil Gaiman, hardback

Happy Reading!

No comments: